Tuesday, March 20, 2007

not necessarily a recipe blog....

but, I have had to ask for this recipe for friends on so many occasions that I figure I should put it here so I can atleast stop having to ask for it.....

background info: a friend of mine is a dj (or was one.....the future is undetermined) and he and his old dj partner somehow found or got this recipe for a salad that was guaranteed to put a woman in labor within 48 hours. I never got to the point of needing to use it, but haven't heard of anyone who has tried it unsuccessfully. so when I hear of someone desiring to go into labor I happily share it. well......after I ask for it again. I did so again today. and will put it here not so much for anyone currently reading my blog.....but just so I can find it again in the future! lol!

romaine lettuce
watercress
gorgonzola cheese
chopped walnuts
a balsamic vinegar dressing

mix together and eat!

I have been told the proportioning doesn't matter as long as all ingredients are included. there is some thought that it is the vinegar that does it. I can't tell you as I had a slice of pepperoni pizza and a Dole Fruit & Juice bar the night before R was born! had I known I wasn't going to get to eat for the next 24+ hours I am sure I would have eaten a lot more.

No comments: