Sunday, May 20, 2007

bring out your dead.......

dead scanners that is! my Mustek A3USB finally really died on me today. it has faked it a couple times but today there was no reviving it. dh tried to get my old PSC to talk with my computer but I guess they really don't like each other......so no hope for a scanner there.

let me tell you about my baby (scanner that is).....I bought her back in October of 2005 when we got our most recent desk top computer. I told dh that he could pick out the computer but I had dibs on picking out the scanner and printer. a friend had told me about the Mustek.......it is $150 and scans almost 12 x 17. that means no stitching!!! and when I am doing double page 8x8 layouts I can scan both pages at the same time. it was a totally beautiful thing!!!

anyway, for $150, it has totally done me well! I figure a price tag of less than $10 a month to not have to stitch?!?! oh YEAH! DEFINATELY a dealio!!! even dh agreed after he got really peeved that it was acting up.

back in '05 I bought it from Provantage. I bought it on a Sunday night and it was delivered on Tuesday. Tuesday is a good delivery date because newsletter layouts and such are due on Tuesdays. so here I am, another Sunday night.......and I just bought another Mustek from them! here's hoping that their customer service is still lightening quick and I get my scanner on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Ari_1965 said...

Pretty quick work. I usually have to wrap the cord around a dead electronic device, and then set the device in a corner for several weeks before I can bring myself to replace it.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I hope it arrives quickly!

I have to admit -- I sure would post layouts more often if I didn't have to stitch them!

Dianne said...

Shhh....don't tell my Mustek that yours died! I don't want it to get any ideas.

Hatter J said...

ooooooooo.....love the thought of that scanner...not too spendy either...