Monday, July 16, 2007

a blog about a book....

but first......Chad Darnell posted a comment about my 12of12 for this month!!! how COOL is that?!?!? and R came back from camp with his camera and we need to get his 12of12 posted as well. not tonight though.....maybe tomorrow?!?!?

okay, so this post is about a book. you know the one.....Harry Potter....the SEVENTH AND FINAL BOOK!!! it comes out Friday and the household is already in preparation mode! I have been asked no fewer than 4 times if I have reserved our book (yes.......day it was announced). this morning I was asked (again) if we are going to the party on Friday. yes....yes......YES!!! what time does it start?!?! 7pm........okay so we need to go eat at 5 so we can be there at 7. uuuugh!!! do these kids really think we can spend 5 hours waiting for a book?!?!? I am thinking show up at the store at 7, get our book tickets and THEN head out to dinner. get back at 9ish and start doing all the games and stuff.

this is our 4th HP book release party. one of the boys had asked about changing locations this year. he figured he could get a free copy of the book through a school contest. I told him we could consider it but that we had a darn good track record at the one store....did he want to chance it on the last and final book?? no.....no he didn't! lol!!

but anyway............. I LOVE that my boys are this excited about a BOOK!! not a movie. not a toy. A BOOK!!! so yes.....my boys will be up on Friday until after midnight to wait for the release of the 7th Harry Potter book. because what could be better than encouraging reading?!?!

3 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Sounds like it should be a fun night! :)

Dianne said...

Have a wonderful time....both at the Harry Potter celebration and reading the new book! I'm going to be biting my nails.. waiting for my copy to show up.

Hatter J said...

Have fun at the party!!! I am excited for you that the boys are looking forward to a book. Not many kids are these days in this video game/instant gratification generation that many are breeding. Glad to see that yours haven't fallen into that trap!!!