Friday, March 29, 2013

Wahoo! I have a ZIT!!!

how many 40 somethings are excited about a zit? how many any aged people are excited about a zit? probably no one. but I am proud because I know where it came from.

see.......I never really got zits unless I was super lazy and didn't wash my face when I was supposed to. I have always had oily skin and usually wash it twice a day. for a long time I took two showers a day so I could wash my hair a second time (can you say "date night"??). I only wear makeup when I am at work because most of the time it makes my skin crawl......not itch like an allergy.......crawl like my skin can't breathe!

but this zit is special. he is there because I have been exercising........and, blech.........sweating! and while I wash my face (and sometimes shower) afterwards......apparently I missed a spot right in the crack by my nose. no one can see it (yeah!) but I can sure feel it.

so while they don't give bling for 5 or 10Ks and I haven't done that half marathon yet........this zit is my running bling! and when I smile, blow my nose (hello Sacramento spring!), or move my face......the little shot of pain from my Friend the Zit will remind me how far I've come!

it's the little things.......

No comments: