Friday, March 1, 2013

The Year of 24 - Month 2

Scrapbook layouts: 4 (goal of 2)
with all the challenges posted this month I thought I would have done more. however, I did spend a long weekend making cards, so that did take some of my scrapbooking time.

Operation Write Home cards: 25 (goal of 2)
thanks to the Presidents' Weekend Virtual Card Making Party, I blew this goal out of the water!

Scrapbook purchasing versus usage:
maybe this shouldn't be a goal? I am doing a lot more crafting than I was and I am using the things I am buying so what is the harm? oh, you mean running out of room in my craft room is a problem? well, okay then. but seriously, I do think I will be slowing down. I am really enjoying rediscovering the stuff I have been collecting for too long now......evident by the use of SEI and GinX last month.

Pounds lost: 3 (goal of 2)
February was rather a sketchy month for both exercise and food. there were days that I did an awesome job at both and there were days where I completely blew it. so far I think I have been lucky to see a loss. I really need to get focused on this.......and better at planning!

Dolly walks: 24 (goal of 24)
I knew February was going to be difficult. between it being a shorter month and my business trip out of town, I really did better than I expected!
March on the other hand, better be an awesome month! I have that half marathon to train for......

Blog posts: 4 (goal of 2)
while I made my goal, I am not happy with the content. sure I loved showing off some recipes that I created and sure I loved helping my friends get a great pair of glasses just by paying shipping, but where are the posts about the great books I am reading or the amazing dinner we had at Mama Kims for Valentines day or the fun I had at The Taste dinner with Chef Pechal?
I'm working on it! February was a super busy month.

Books: 4
another blaming the short month of February for not getting much accomplished. but realistically, I am happy with 4 books. that is 1 per week and about where I want to be. another problem was that I *lost* a book for a couple weeks. so while I read half of it during February, I didn't get a chance to finish it.
of the four I read, I liked The Chimney Sweeper's Boy by Barbara Vine the best. it truly was a surprising book and while you should know early on what the end is going to be, she does such a great job of laying out the storyline that you still find yourself surprised when the twists and turns are revealed!

No comments: