Friday, February 1, 2013

The Year of 24 - Month 1

Scrapbook layouts: 6 (goal of 2)
kept the momentum started with my Christmas vacation going. evens topped and went back to do the journaling on layouts I had completed at crops! now I just need to find the time to put them all away in albums! lol!

Operation Write Home cards: 9 (goal of 2)
in addition, I sent off 50+ cards that I had previously made or received in swaps.
even though my goal is 2/month, I'd really like to ship off another box by the end of March. hoping for 20+ cards to include. the challenges and sketches from OWH are really motivating!

Scrapbook purchasing versus usage:
well, I didn't do so good here. guess when you actually get back into it you realize you need to restock on things......like black cardstock and envelopes.......and 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock so you don't cut up all your 12 x 12. but I am okay with it (as long as it doesn't continue for too long) because it WAS restocking things I will use and I DID get some quality crafting done.
just to forewarn you, though, February is gonna be bad too. I found a really nice QK sale on eBay and "invested" a little over $100 in dies.

Pounds lost: 4 (goal of 2)
I lost exactly 4 pounds in January. amazing considering all the eating I did.....and missed walks (you will see below). so I lost the 2 cold pounds and the 2 I wanted to lose. this bodes well for the remainder of the year I hope!

Dolly walks: 21 (goal of 24)
I thought I had done a little better than that, but with several birthday dinners, work events, etc, sometimes getting out was a struggle.
this is going to continue to be a challenge as I started training for a half marathon (walking) and it calls for two days of rest each week. Dolly doesn't go for the whole day off thing either so I am just trying to take it easy on those days.
honestly, I don't think I will make it in February either as I will be gone for 3 days on work.....that reduces my days available to 25 right off the bat. but, I am okay with my goal. it helps keep me focused on needing to get out walking!

Blog posts: 6 (goal of 2)
I realized that I should easily meet this goal as I will already have 1 recap post each month!!

Books: 4
according to Goodreads, I read 4 books in January. what it doesn't tell you is that I started 2 others but ran out of time and had to return one and forgot to update the site when I finished another. guess it will count towards February!
I read 2 really good books in January, both more on the serious side: The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling and Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante. I would recommend reading both of them!

1 comment:

scrapper al said...

Awesome progress on your goals! And sorry I'm such an enabler...