Saturday, February 2, 2013

I bought glasses online.....

out of the blue one day, I received an email from Firmoo asking me if I wanted a free pair of glasses and in return I would need to write a blog post about the experience! (sweet!) as a person who has had no luck with contacts, I am stuck with glasses. fortunately for me I have an eye insurance company that lets me get a new pair every year........and eyes that are very very slowly changing. I only get the slightest of adjustments to my prescription every visit so I can continue to wear my older glasses! that means more glasses for me!!!

after wondering if it was all some kind of scam I thought "WAHOO! another pair of glasses!" Firmoo sent me a link to the specific sets of glasses they were willing to give me on promo........about 50 or so........but they have thousands of frames on their site. several of the sets had 2 different color options for even more variety. I will be honest........because I won't be otherwise......it was a little odd choosing a frame without trying it on......several times. but I found 2 I really liked, waited a day and went back to look at them again. Firmoo has this cool feature where you can upload a photo of yourself so you can "see" the frames on your face. being webcam challenged, I didn't do this very well and it looked like I was wearing an itty bitty pair of glasses (think Mr. PotatoHead). guide marks for the photo would have been nice.......they might even have had them but I couldn't see them........I had my glasses off! lol! but I decided on these cute blue plaid frames. (you might need to change the color to see the exact ones I picked)

other than my personal ineptness, the ordering process was a piece of cake! I just input my prescription numbers and it was done! well.......almost........I did have to call my eye doctor and get my PD number (pupil distance). I guess they don't automatically give it to you. if they refuse, you can measure it yourself.

I ordered my glasses late on January 21st........a holiday for us US folks. they arrived on January 29th. their arrival answered the biggest question I had: where was this company? why would I ask that? well, because the grammar in their communications with me wasn't the greatest and the way the information on their site was written was a little off......and because I wanted to be able to tell you!

my glasses came from JAMAICA!!! how interesting is that? and aren't they darn cute?!?!? they even match a pair of plaid shorts I bought last summer!



so I guess it comes down to two things:
  • would I order glasses this way again?
  • would I recommend that you order glasses this way and from Firmoo? 
the answer to the first question is: YES!!! it was SO easy! I shopped, input my prescription information and I was done! AND.....the prices are really excellent! I like having multiple pairs to choose from and this makes it much more affordable! and the boys......well, having a back up pair is never a bad idea with boys, right?!?!?
the answer to the second question is: YES!!! seriously........a week to get a new pair isn't bad. it took that long from the local one hour place thanks to my funky prescription and unless you just sat on your old pair and can't see without them, can't you wait a week?

I was also excited to see that they accept Paypal for payment. why? well, because I don't like giving the internet my credit card number! 

FINALLY..... if you are interested in checking Firmoo out.....and getting the glasses FREE (you pay shipping) GO HERE!!!

disclosure: Firmoo solicited me to write a blog post about their site and service. in exchange they gave me a free pair of prescription glasses. their offer in no way impacted my opinion or what I stated in this blog post......and I may go back and get another set or two so it is a win-win for everyone!

1 comment:

Me said...

Susan! I love them!!!!!

I'm so going to go there when I get my RX renewed, thanks!