Saturday, October 20, 2012

not those Halloween kinda treats!

a long time ago my oldest son used to steal dog treats from our dog, Tessa. I am sure it was because the little bone treats looked rather similar to his teething biscuits. we used to joke about how nice Ryan's hair looked...........he does have nice hair........maybe I should have snagged a few?

needless to say, this habit lasted quite awhile.......until one day Ryan picked a black bone. those were "charcoal" flavored. poor Bug had black smoosh all around his mouth and a scowl all over his face. that was the last treat Tessa lost to him!

fast forward to a couple weeks ago....... Dolly got some new treats. I opened the bag to give her one and DANG! those babies smelled GOOD!!! like muffin kinda good. pumpkin and blueberry kinda good. that afternoon Dolly and I spent some time with a friend and we were wondering what the treats might taste like......cuz really, they smelled totally yummy! well, we didn't have the bag to check out the ingredients so weren't daring enough to try them.........even after several beer samples.


don't they look good?? like little tasty cookies!

I went home and checked the label: pumpkin, organic oatmeal, pearled barley, potatoes, oat fiber, canola oil, brown sugar, blueberries, cinnamon, natural flavor, vanilla, mixed tocopherois.  hey, the only thing I don't know about is that last one. don't ask me to pronounce it, but the lovely internet says it has something to do with vitamin E. that's a good thing, right?!?!?

so the next morning, I took the bag to brunch with said friend (who I won't name but was craving potato pancakes with me).......and we tried them! oh, yes we did! we are wild and crazy women!

and..........BLAH!!! totally bland!! how can dogs eat this?!?!? it was like eating particle board snacks. sheesh!! I was totally disappointed. no wonder Dolly looks lovingly at people food. the girl just wants some flavor!

so sad! I had such hopes for these. they would have been so easy to have around as handy little snacks........like pumpkin blueberry goldfish or something. bah hum bug!

No comments: