Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicken and Donuts!!! (now with MORE chicken! lol!)

Let's talk chicken........if you follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, or ever talk to me, you probably know a little bit about my Chick Fil A peach milkshake addiction. Oh it is bad! Really good for me it is a seasonal shake or I would need to sell the car to buy bigger pants (and walk everywhere to work back into my original size). But enough about that.......back to the chicken.

Chick Fil A is opening a new location down in Fairfield on September 8th. (see link for address.....) Like they do for every opening, the first 100 people in line get a free Chick Fil A meal for a year! Dang that would be fun! But if you don't want to spend 24 hours hanging out, I have heard a rumor that they are practicing starting tomorrow and plan to pass out 10,000 free sandwiches! I wonder how long it takes to pass out 10,000 sandwiches? I wonder if you have to buy the rest of the meal or can't buy anything else at all? I don't know the answer to these questions. If you do, let me know and I'll update the post. Take a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory and make it a road trip!

Wow there is a whole lotta chicken going on! All Chick Fil As are giving away breakfast sandwiches starting next Tuesday! You pick the date, you pick the store, you pick the time! CLICK HERE for more information and to RSVP! If you go in any morning other than Thursday, you can even enjoy a peach milkshake with that free breakfast entree! (Hey, now! It is perfect for breakfast.........fruit and dairy! mmmmm! Tasty!!)

(and before we move on from chicken, let me remind you that Chick Fil A near Arden Fair has family night every Tuesday night where kids eat free. with the boys older now, we don't get to take advantage of these fun things.....but you might be able to!)

If Fairfield is a little too far away (because you are busy doing all those awesome things I mentioned happening this weekend) how about some donuts? vegan donuts? seriously awesome donuts?? Doughbots Donuts opens Saturday morning at 5am!! (I'll be sleeping in, but you are welcome to bring me a few by......otherwise, I'll be enjoying them a bit later and might even do a donut review!) Are you going to check them out? IF you do, let me know what you think! I am not a big donut fan, but am really intrigued by the idea of designed donuts.

hope that all makes you hungry!

No comments: