Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sharing Loaf Love! And you can too!

Thanks to all the fun I had with them at the Sacramento Zoo last month, I was fortunate to receive a very special care package from Tillamook Cheese. They call it a "Baby Loaf Box". The wonderful people at Tillamook asked that I use the contents to Share the "Loaf" Love to bring friends and family together for some cheesy fun. (and promote Tillamook's awesome cheese of course!) Honestly, the possibilities for sharing the cheese were endless and a bit overwhelming. A favorite idea that didn't make the cut was a "build your own nacho bar." I don't think it will be too long before you hear me blog about that happening....maybe a football game party?

Anyway, as you may remember, our family tries to have a game night each Sunday where we end the weekend and start the week playing games and reconnecting. Recently, these have gone the wayside to last minute errands, Scout meetings, etc. Tillamook Loaf Love was just the incentive we needed to get back to this favorite habit.

We invited the Powers family over for a Sunday night fondue. The Monterey Jack and Medium Cheddar Baby Loafs were perfect for this! (yes, shredded cheese would be easier, but I have 2 kids that want to help and shredding cheese is a great way to let them help!) I wanted a nice balance between the more classic fondue dipping items and more "kid" fun kind of bits. By the time the Powers arrived, we had lots of goodies ready to dip: sausage, meatballs, tortellini, lots of veggies, apples, soft pretzels, and tator tots. Ready for dipping were a white wine Monterey Jack cheese with some garlic and nutmeg (surprising but tasty!) and a beer bacon Cheddar cheese fondue with bacon pieces, mustard, horseradish, and Worcheshire sauce.

Eight people around the table, dipping and talking made for a fun, loud meal! Lots of laughter, reaching arms and tasty cheese fondue! It was fun seeing how the same items tasted different in the two different cheese pots.

The kids decided their favorite dipping items were meatballs that had been baked and halved and the chunked sourdough bread. (don't tell the kids, but I think they ate more veggies tonight than they normally do!)

After dinner, the kids played Wii and the grown-ups sat around and chatted. The evening was definitely a success!

So, wanna know how "you can too" share in the Tillamook Loaf Love? Well, in the Baby Loaf Box were some coupons (and what I call "party favors".........see the photos with the two Baby Loafs) for me to share with my blog readers! The coupons are good for 2lbs of Tillamook Cheese!! (did you know the cheddar is aged and someone actually tastes it to make sure it is aging nicely? I want THAT job!!)

Here is the deal:
Tillamook asked that I have my blog readers post their ideas for how to Share the Loaf with their family and/or friends. The most creative ideas will win free cheese!
And since you know how I love puns, I am going to give the best cheesy joke or pun free cheese too!!
You have until September 10th to post your ideas and jokes!!

And when you win, be sure to check out Tillamook's blog or website for some great recipes using that tasty cheese!

Disclosure: In case you hadn't figured it out, in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR Part 255, Tillamook Cheese has generously supplied me with complimentary tasty cheese for promotional purposes.

9 comments:

jewel wamsley said...

Susan I love, love, love this fun event. Well anything with Tillamook cheese would be wonderful. Thanks for sharing your event and " I will be back.." to give you a cheesy idea.

Tamaralyn Kieso said...

For my next college friend get-together, I would take my Tillamook cheese blocks and slice them. I would have several varieties. Then, I will blindfold my friends so they can guess what kind each cheese is. Because I'm from the cheese state (Wisconsin) we know a lot about cheese. I will also have my friends guess about how old we think the cheese is and what kind of milk it is made from. What a great way to educate ourselves from this game all while enjoying our favorite cheese

Paleo Mermaid said...

Cheese is a MUST for a low carb diet ... It goes well with just about anything, including fingers! There's always Tillamook cheese in our fridge ... YUM!

Nancy Niles said...

My husband is from Oregon and he "loafs" Tillamook cheese. It's very hard to find out here, so if I had a loaf, I would share it with all the displaced westerners who have been longing for the cheese they "loaf" the most!

Nancy Niles said...

Argh, I forgot my cheese(y) jokes!

What type of cheese isn't your cheese? NACHO CHEESE!

What do you call cheeses made in Israel? Cheeses of Nazareth!

Knock Knock
Whos there?
Gorilla
Gorilla who?
Gorrilla me a cheese sandwich, I'm hungry.

Tamaralyn Kieso said...

Ok here's a cheese joke:

Three men are in a bar having a drink. When a gorgeous woman comes up to them and says,

WOMAN: Whoever can use the words ‘liver’ and ‘cheese’ in a creative sentence can date me for tonight.
1ST MAN: I love liver and cheese!
WOMAN: That’s not good enough!
2ND MAN: I hate liver and cheese!
WOMAN: That’s not creative!
3RD MAN: Liver alone, cheese mine


There was an explosion at a cheese factory in France......
All that was left was de brie.

Which is the most religious cheese?
Swiss, because it is holy.

Jala of the Tillamook Team said...

Hi, Susan! Yay! We love how you Shared the Loaf with your friends and family! Just think...cheese brings people together! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and with your readers — we really appreciate it.

Katie Jr said...

I would use the cheese when I babysit my friend's two young children. I would get out some fun cookie cutters and let the kids "cut the cheese". I would also make grilled cheese sandwiches that can be cut into shapes. Fun kid friendly activities with the best cheese ever!! Katie (Train Friend)

MommyRandomness said...

My daughter is 6 and a very tender heart and loves grill cheese and we pass the local Salvation Army and when we go to the bank she sees all the people waiting on the sidewalks for lunch and she always says we should make them grill cheese so they won't be hungry while they wait...I would make grill cheeses with her to give to the people so she feels like she shared her desire to be a chef and love for grilled cheese!!! GO Tillamook!!