Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 - the year without resolution

as my faithful readers know (all 7 of them lol!), 2013 was the Year of 24 filled with goals for weight loss, exercise, Scrapbooking, and blogging. my goal was to focus myself on balance and doing what I needed/wanted to do. and yes, I pretty much surpassed all my goals.

for 2014 I do not have a laundry list of things to accomplish before I will consider the year a success. no magic number I want to see on my scale. no number of books I need to read. nada. nothing. zilch.

I have one single solitary THING that I want to be able to say I have done before we start having to correct our check dates to 2015 (if anyone is still writing checks)...........

I am going to complete a triathlon!!! (duh dun duuuuuu!)

now we aren't talking IronMan here or anything.....more like what are called sprint triathlons like 0.5 mile swim, 20 mile bike, 4 mile run. nothing close to 140.6 miles of exertion thankyouverymuch!! and no, it just isn't just a matter of time. it is more a matter of not having the time!

but, that is pretty much it for 2014. my guess if I work diligently towards not making a fool of myself in a triathlon then I will be eating healthy and exercising regularly. right?? so without some scale or calorie obsessing, I should be in darn good shape by working towards that tri goal.

and........since the year has already started, I will tell you that I have made an awesome step toward my goal. but, that is a post for another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have faith that once the boys grow up and move out, you'll have the time, and will one day complete an IronMan (or at least longer distances)!