Saturday, November 17, 2012

I saw you walking in the rain.....

at least I hope that is what you would say if you were driving around while I was walking Dolly last night. and now I hope you are humming this good ol' song too.....



okay.....back to my point.......it was dark when I got home and before I had gotten out the front door it had started to drizzle. but, after a few days of no walks and bad weather forecasted for the next few days, Dolly needed a walk! I needed one too. the dark was a bigger problem than the rain. I had yelled (from the privacy of my closed window car) at several bicycle riders with no lights and wearing dark closes all week. so what to do?!?!

I grabbed a couple of these Blackburn Click Combo Lights from the family's bikes.....................hey, I'm a resourceful kinda gal! I attached one to Dolly's collar (over her raincoat) and the other to the end of the lease at my end. I set hers to blink and mine to a solid light and we headed out the door. not a perfect solution but it was going to get us moving.

our walk was about a mile and a half. for most of the walk it drizzled. for part of the walk it poured. I think the lights worked. no one ran us over. but then again, in mid-day with full sunlight we have had our share of near misses, so I don't know if that is really a way to judge if the lights worked. I can tell you that my raincoat didn't.............I ended up with a few wet spots. that was not fun. Dolly's raincoat (she won't wear a rain hat) worked, but that didn't keep her from shaking constantly.

I have no clue what we are going to do in the coming rainy months. two days of no walks and Dolly runs an Indy 500 through the house.......usually as we are trying to go to sleep. the lights aren't a long term solution but they worked.

how do you exercise your dog in the bad weather? 

oh, and btw, after that cold wet walk, Dolly is still bouncing off the walls and all over me!

No comments: