Friday, June 13, 2008

12 of 12 - the HELP edition!

so I guess I kinda failed this month. I didn't get 12 pictures. but really I failed because the 12th wasn't anything close to a regular day so the whole "random photos on a random day" thing went out the window......or down the elevator shaft........so to speak. that and as a scrapbooker, I didn't want to minimize the event that brought about the one photo I did take. somehow afterwards picture taking wasn't really important.....


this is a photo of the call button on elevator #4 at my office. this is me really trying to remain calm and get a decent photo.......while I was stuck in the elevator for 15 minutes. it wasn't that long of a period of time.....but I was alone......and a little claustrophobic. I started off thinking it was a little funny when I was just stuck there thinking I was at the 8th floor but couldn't get the elevator to open. but when the guy at the other end of that help button said "I'll send someone out" and "push the alarm button every once in awhile so the building knows you are in the elevator" I got a little worried. then when the elevator went to the 25th floor and started bouncing around a bit I got more worried. then when the elevator dropped down to the 22nd and then 21st floor I was as close to freaking out as I could be. funny how something like not-waterproof mascara can keep a person from crying.

luckily........at the 21st floor when I laid on the alarm button, some guy walked by and opened the elevator door. he was so casual about it and I can't figure out how I managed to stand up and walk out of the elevator.

needless to say.....I walked 13 floors down the stairs to get back to my office.

I promise to do better next month.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Holy Moly! That does sound scary.

Though I wish you had gotten a video of as ds #1 loves to watch elevator videos on youtube. ;)

silver horde said...

Sorry you had such a rotten 12 of 12 day! Glad you were safe in the end.
Jane

Sunny Archibald said...

Bless your heart! I was stuck in an elevator once, and I've been a little claustrophobic ever since. The basked is a Reisenthel. Thanks for visiting my 12 of 12.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sympathise with you. Years ago I used to wish I'd get stuck in an elevator so I could get out of work (a job I hated)... then one day it happened and I was a quivering mess. I'm not claustrophobic but it was horrible.

You did well to keep it together!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is my nightmare! Good for you for not screaming obscenities into the help phone... think that is what I would have done.

Poun said...

Whoah !! what a 12th !!!

Glad you made it out ! and you kow, I just love the fact that not-waterproof mascara could keep you from crying !! that's so cute and fun !! lol
The stuck in an elevator part and the getting up and down and freaking stuff, is not funny nor cute though...

cheapblueguitar said...

Ugh! What an unpleasant thing to happen. I'm glad you are alright.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I was stuck in an elevator once in college, although I did have two other people in there with me. We all pretty well freaked out when they took us all the way up to the top floor and then dropped us a couple of floors. Apparently that must be some fun that all elevator repair men do -- who knew?

scrapper al said...

That's pretty gosh darn scary! Glad you survived it. So are you taking the stairs from now on?

Matt said...

Good Lord ... that's a nightmare of mine. It's never happened to me, but I would freak out.

And like Poun, I LOVE your comment about non-waterproof mascara being enough to keep you from crying!

Dogeared said...

Oh no, you poor thing! That sounds horrible - I'm glad you got out OK in the end. And here's hoping for a less stressful 12 next month!

KC aka Carol said...

Oooh, scary! We had crappy elevators in my college dorm and they were always breaking down, one time I was in the elevator - not fun because I'm claustrophobic! But we got the door open and crawled out somehow.

I'm actually kinda amused that the woman is obsessed with my penguin CD holder, lol.

I think I'm going to post the link to the video in my blog sometime this week - a few people have been asking to see it!